19th September 1921 - 49 pupils start their studies under the guidance of Director Peter Aivars (Ļuļaks) at Riga State Grammar School No 2 that was located on the premises of Elementary School No 16 and City Library No 2 at Zeļļu street.
April, 1924 - school’s first silver badge was made.
The spring of 1930 - the laying of the foundation stone of the school building in Āgenskalns
5th December 1931 - the opening of the new school building that was constructed under the guidance of Architect I.Blankenburgs.
7th May 1938 - sanctification of the school flag and the Flag’s Celebration
15th September 1940 - Riga State Grammar School No 2 was renamed Riga Secondary school No 5.
Year 1942 - The school regains its former name; a hospital is placed on its premises, studies take place occasionally in other premises.
13th November 1944 - the first school morning in its premises after the war, but again as Riga Secondary School No 5.
February 1946 - the District Children’s Music School, later P.Jurjāna music school started its work on the premises of the school.
Year 1950 - merging with Elementary School No 46, pupils from forms 1-11 study in Secondary Scool No. 5
Year 1957 - According to Soviet time tradition the school was given the name of the year 1941 graduate Zenta Ozola.
Year 1962 - the beginning of the school’s specialisation in intensive German language teaching.
Year 1982 - the school was awarded a Golden Needle, a GDR sign of honour, for cooperation between the USSR and GDR.
Year 1991 – Riga Secondary School No 5 again becomes a grammar school, this time Agenskalna Grammar School. October - the celebration of the school`s 70th anniversary, after nihility that lasted 45 years teacher Emilija Palkavniece returns the flag of Riga State Grammar School No2
Year 1994 - Agenskalna Primary School starts its independent life.
Year 1995 - establishment of Albert`s prize. Oskars Mikāns is the author of Albert`s statuette.
Year 1996 - The Support Fund of Agenskalna Grammar School was established. The graduate of the year 1958 Aivars Endziņ-, the graduate of the year 1972 Dace Kovisāre and the graduate of the year 1984 Andrejs Bērzājs have been acting in the fund’s board since the establishment.
6th December - the 75th anniversary of the school and the 65th anniversary of the school building.
Since year 1998 the graduates of the school are given the school’s golden badge for self-denial for the benefit of the future generation.
August 2000 - the construction of the new sports hall and extension as well as the reconstruction of the school`s building has been started. The author of the project is the graduate of the year 1972 Andrejs Ģelzis.
1st September 2001 - the new study block and sports complex are opened.
Since 1962 Agenskalna Grammar School has offered to acquire extended foreign languages programmes. Our school is one of the few Latvian educational institutions where the German language is offered to master as the first foreign language.
18th May, 2004 - the school history museum is opened.
Atjaunināja: Māris Purviņš 2013-08-25 17:56:24 Komentāri »