Aktuāli


Last updated sections

School birthday

PIRMAIS GADSIMTS ĀGENSKALNĀ ➔

Sveicam

Vārda diena: Mudrīte, Modrīte, Renāte

Statistika

Seko mums



History

19th September 1921 - 49 pupils start their studies under the guidance of Director Peter Aivars (Ļuļaks) at Riga State Grammar School No 2 that was located on the premises of Elementary School No 16 and City Library No 2 at Zeļļu street.

April, 1924 - school’s first silver badge was made.

The spring of 1930 - the laying of the foundation stone of the school building in Āgenskalns

5th December 1931 - the opening of the new school building that was constructed under the guidance of Architect I.Blankenburgs.

7th May 1938 - sanctification of the school flag and the Flag’s Celebration

15th September 1940 - Riga State Grammar School No 2 was renamed Riga Secondary school No 5.

Year 1942 - The school regains its former name; a hospital is placed on its premises, studies take place occasionally in other premises.

13th November 1944 - the first school morning in its premises after the war, but again as Riga Secondary School No 5.

February 1946 - the District Children’s Music School, later P.Jurjāna music school started its work on the premises of the school.

Year 1950 - merging with Elementary School No 46, pupils from forms 1-11 study in Secondary Scool No. 5

Year 1957 - According to Soviet time tradition the school was given the name of the year 1941 graduate Zenta Ozola.

Year 1962 - the beginning of the school’s specialisation in intensive German language teaching.

Year 1982 - the school was awarded a Golden Needle, a GDR sign of honour, for cooperation between the USSR and GDR.

Year 1991 – Riga Secondary School No 5 again becomes a grammar school, this time Agenskalna Grammar School. October - the celebration of the school`s 70th anniversary, after nihility that lasted 45 years teacher Emilija Palkavniece returns the flag of Riga State Grammar School No2

Year 1994 - Agenskalna Primary School starts its independent life.

Year 1995 - establishment of Albert`s prize. Oskars Mikāns is the author of Albert`s statuette.

Year 1996 - The Support Fund of Agenskalna Grammar School was established. The graduate of the year 1958 Aivars Endziņ-, the graduate of the year 1972 Dace Kovisāre and the graduate of the year 1984 Andrejs Bērzājs have been acting in the fund’s board since the establishment.

6th December - the 75th anniversary of the school and the 65th anniversary of the school building.

Year 1997 – students take the internationally recognized German language level II diploma exam for the first time (Deutsches Sprachdiplom - DSD II, B2/C1)

Since year 1998 the graduates of the school are given the school’s golden badge for self-denial for the benefit of the future generation.

August 2000 - the construction of the new sports hall and extension as well as the reconstruction of the school`s building has been started. The author of the project is the graduate of the year 1972 Andrejs Ģelzis.

1st September 2001 - the new study block and sports complex are opened.

Since 1962 Agenskalna Grammar School has offered to acquire extended foreign languages programmes. Our school is one of the few Latvian educational institutions where the German language is offered to master as the first foreign language.

Year 2003 – the symbol of the city of Berlin – a donation of a bear sculpture to Āgenskalns Grammar School

18th May, 2004 - the school history museum is opened.

Year 2006 – secondary school students take part in international rhetoric competition for young people for the first time - Jugend debattiert international

Year 2011 – Sandra Sīle, long-term grammar school’s head teacher, has been awarded the 5th class of the Order of the Three Stars

September 2011 – consecration of the frag of Riga State German Grammar School in Martin's Ev. Lutheran. Church

Year 2012 – for the first time, students take the internationally recognized German language I degree diploma exam (Deutsches Sprachdiplom - DSD II, B1)

12th March 2012 – Grammar school organizes a scientific-practical conference “Use of Latvian Historical science achievements in the study process”

September 2013 – opening of the “Four Lions” fountain in the school’s yard

May 2014 – Grammar school starts participating regularly in the “Museum Night” events

September 2016 – 95th anniversary of the school and the international conference “Challenges for Modern Education”

7th April 2017 – Grammar school organizes a scientific-practical conference “School’s architect Indriķis Blankenburgs - 130”

September 2020 – Grammar school wins 5th place in A. Kronvalds Foundation’s ranking of Latvian schools in the group of state grammar schools. Meeting with the President of Latvia Egils Levits

 

School’s head teachers:

Pēteris Aivars (Ļūļaks) 1921 – 1940 and 1941–1944
Reinis Liepiņš 1940 – 1941
Voldemārs Gailītis 1944 – 1946
Nikolajs Daugovišs 1946 – 1951
Marija Krastiņa 1951 – 1969
Tea Braiņina 1969 – 1976
Anita Loska 1976 - 1980
Inese Elekse 1980 – 1994
Sandra Sīle 1994 – 2016
Gundega Muceniece since 2016

 

Atjaunināja: Māris Purviņš 2020-10-01 15:10:58 Komentāri »

Seko mums